Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Breaking News

The world's youngest escape artist lives in Portland!!!

And he lives in our house, and goes by Liam. He is not even 2 years old, the crib is on the lowest rung and it takes him less than a minute to escape. We didn't realize his new trick until last weekend. Everything is 'as usual', I put him down for a nap and close the door. Minutes later the monitor starts beeping and he is still talking and singing. I decide to stand by his door to listen what he is doing and it sounds like he is standing at the vent in his room yelling. I open the door to find his nursery totally rearranged! Crib moved, stuffed animals moved, rocking chair moved, he has even picked up his rug and moved it! So not only an escape artist but an interior designer too, I need to get this kid on HGTV. So, not sure how he did it, I pick him up, explain to him he needs to take a nap and put him back down. Thinking swiftly I decide to run upstairs to watch him on our video monitor. I ran upstairs just in time to watch him pull himself up and throw a leg over the side. I run downstairs, open the door, and find him balanced on the side rail. To top it off he looks at me like, 'are you going help a brother out?' About the third time we left the door cracked to see what he would do. He escaped, opened his door and decided to join us in the living room. Five times he got out = no nap. Cue the meltdown at 5:00pm.

1 comment:

Katie and Seth said...

I had to laugh! I'm sure you didn't find it quite as funny. Who can nap when there's furniture to be moved and cribs to escape?! He's keeping things interesting!